at what dilation and effacement will they admit you to the hospital?

just wondering if you arent having regular contractions but are dilated and effacing.. at what point would they put you in the hospital to induce you? how many cms and % would you have to be?

mrs_skittles

Asked by mrs_skittles at 12:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That all depends on your Dr.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think it really depends on your doctor.

I was only at like 3 or 4 with my last 2 kids but still got admitted and put on pitocin because of my 4 day long labor with my first child. Did not want to go through that again!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• usually they wont keep you until you arer 3cm dialated....any less then that they will send you home as long as the water hasnt broken and there is no other issues
    juliak818

Answer by juliak818 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Being admitted can be when mom seems to be progressing or when she is at least Active (4 cm), or... whatever.

Inducing is another topic-- pertaining to some health complications the mom/baby likely is dealing with, not something that needs to be done with most pregnancies.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• it depends, i was sent home a 5 cm, 60% effaced, i was not having contractions, baby was fine and my water had not broke. i was like that for almost 3 weeks.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• well i don't know why anyone would want to do that... why not just wait until labor begins on its own so you don't have to worry about the risks of the drugs...?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Like the other people have said it can depend on the doctor. Even if you are dilated they may not induce you anyway. I was dilated to a 7 and they just broke my water which started contractions right up! Good luck!
    Viperkaylin

Answer by Viperkaylin at 12:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010