How often should a married couple make love?

My husband wants to make love every single night and I try to do it, but sometimes a woman gets tired after a long day of tending to kids, cleaning, helping with scoolwork, preparing dinner, and you know the usual. Is it normal to make love every single night?

HotMamma

Asked by HotMamma at 6:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• You should make love when it is best for you and him. The intimacy won't be there if you are just "doing it". Make sure you are actually making love not just having sex. My fiance and I make love at least twice a week but it used to be so much more. We are just too busy now. Make sure its right for you!
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 6:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• we dont ever "make love" anymore..we have sex nearly every day though...we've only been married 1.5 years. I wish the love making happened more....its less strenuous lol
    twiceamommy2007

Answer by twiceamommy2007 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It depends on your relationship and both of your desire. I think women have a harder time getting in the mood. I have noticed that I can go a week without really thinking about it...not cause I dont like sex but because I am so busy during the day and so tired at night. I try to make love with my husband four times a week. I notice that my hubby is in a better mood and sweet to me when he gets his!:) hehehe!
    mle14boo

Answer by mle14boo at 6:37 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• That depends on you. I can't do it everyday because it becomes painful after too many days in a row.

Making love is much different than just going through the motions of having sex though.
    Anonymous

• 3 times a week should be good enough
    taleyu1432

Answer by taleyu1432 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Usually 2 to 3 times a week after 11 years of marriage.
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 7:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Yes honey it is normaal to make love every night. I used to have a hard time because I was too tired or not in the mood. If you make the effort than it will peak your desires so you want it more yourself.I spiced things up with candles and essential oils. I try to make things more exciting in the bedroom for him and he is happier, frankly so am I . Now I so look forward to that time togeather. If you would like some ideas hit me up, I am on your friends list, hope I helped.....
    poetrygirl66

Answer by poetrygirl66 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• As much as they can.
    roseisme

Answer by roseisme at 8:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• when i was married it got to a ridiculous once a month, but that is because my marriage sucked....i have been with my current man for about a year and a half and it is still pretty much every night....and atleast one day a week it is two three or four times....so we average a little more than once a day...i agree with some earlier answers, even if you're not in the mood, just doing it can get you an energy boost pretty quick!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Every single night? I think not. A few times a week? Yes.
    KimberlyMonique

Answer by KimberlyMonique at 11:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008