no period and not pregnant... reasons?

I havent had my period since the 2nd week of October. i have a 10 month old, and 3 months after birth I got my period back and was regular from july to october and then it just stopped. I took 5 home pregnancy tests-all negative- and went to a clinic for a blood prego test- also negative. Got my period when I was 10 and up until I was 23 and got pregnant had never missed or skipped a single month. Im really baffled about it,and need to go the doctor but cant afford it just yet. Have any clues of whats up or has this happend to you? worried and nervous...

MsMallory09

Asked by MsMallory09 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you have low iron? Does your family have history with being anemic?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Possible thyroid issue? Have you had your hormones tested? Something might be out of whack...
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Could have an ovarian cyst. Every time I have ever had them my periods would quit completely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/

try Vitex..
    Vitex has the ability to stimulate greater production of progesterone by the corpus luteum, which results in a shift in the ratio of estrogen to progesterone in favor of progesterone. One common characteristic of PCOS is a lack of progesterone.

This mechanism of action accounts for its effectiveness in correcting irregular menses, premenstrual menses, heavy menses, lack of ovulation, and even infertility.

In one study, 18 women with abnormally low progesterone levels were given vitex daily. After 3 months of treatment, 13 showed increases in progesterone and 2 became pregnant.

Vitex also tends to normalize the secretion of prolactin from the pituitary gland and can actually inhibit prolactin release by the pituitary gland, particularly under stress. Women with PCOS tend to have high levels of prolactin, which inhibits fertility.

EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• i havent had a period since 9/11.....so i know what you mean!
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2010