Why do I always feel like cutting myself... it sucks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pray, give it to God....Look at yourself in the mirror and MAKE yourself feel better...TELL yourself that you are going to get the hell out of this pity party and kick your depressions ASS! You are in control, and just like cancer or any other serious illness, you will NOT let it win. Do that daily and tell depression to go F*** itself! Say I am beautiful, I am NOT a victim, and I don't and WON'T listen to negativity! I WILL remember that God made me, and he made me SO wonderfully that he actually DANCES at the thought of his beautiful creation....ME!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• seek therapy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• NO! F Therapy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• take if from someone with plenty of past experience in this behavior...

you need to find other coping mechanisms to replace this habit/addiction. And the best way that i have found to acomplish this if it really like an addiction...is Dialectical behavioral therapy(DBT) it works wonders for stopping this behavior forever.

good luck!! PS Distractions were KEY for me in the beginning...whenever you have the urge just find something/anything(good) to disract yourself till it goes away.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Uh---perhaps because you are suffering from a form of mental illness??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• TNT Mom speaks the best answer...As a former cutter I know how hard it can be not to cut because it becomes an addiction...
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 12:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Maybe you're not comfortable in your own skin and you're trying to cut your way out?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think you may be right anon :40... my life sucks right now and I am tired of all the games everyone likes to play with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Rise above all the negativity in your life, and worry about yourself. Thats what everyone else does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2010