Formula Fed

How long should a baby be on formula or how long did you use it with your kids? My formula I use says on the container up to like 24 months. I didnt know 2 year olds should still be formula fed... and if so how long do they plan you to use a bottle? The whole buck teeth thing would scare me if it is for that long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• 12 months. that's when my kids stopped, and that's when it's recommended. although, kids can still have it till 2, i just don't recommend it. the longer you give it to them, the harder it is to get them off of it.

babies can live off of formula/breastmilk alone until 2, fyi
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• LOL Don't worry about buck teeth ;) Actually teeth are genetic so if you or your dh have jacked up teeth your kiddo will get them (sorry to say)/ I fe my first born formula until she was 20 months. Feed you baby formula it is good for him/her.
    Anonymous

• i had my baby on cows milk at 11 months. and it was cows milk from then on out. he was already eating most dairy products anyway lol but most docs say around 12 months
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I had 4 formula fed and they were all off of formula and bottles by the time they turned 13 months. The earliest was my 3rd. We ran out of formula at 11 1/2 months so we just switched her then. The latest was my youngest because we had formula left and she was only taking 1 bottle a day. I didn't want to waste it so she continued to take a 1/2 formula, 1/2 milk bottle until the formula was gone at 13 months. They were all down to like 1, maybe 2 bottles a day by the time they turned 1 so it wasn't a big deal.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Mine were on formula until after their 1st birthday check up when the doctor said it was ok to switch to milk.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I nursed my kids, but I put them on milk when they were one.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• 12 months on the formula, then cow's milk and table food. They can still take the formula if the transition to real food is tricky or if they're not gaining enough weight.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010