Antibiaotics for acne and birth control?

I am on seasonale and I am also on apo minocycline for acne. Will this effect the reliability of the pill? I really dont want to get pregnant because I just had a baby 3 months ago. I dont have a problem using condoms but my bf cant finish when we use one.

kirstenshaye

Asked by kirstenshaye at 12:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hmm i would call your doctor to be sure, i cant remember what the interactions are. i remember something about antihystemines interfering? like i said im not sure, but your doctor should be able to tel you.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• if your bf can't finish w/ a condom you REAAAALLY need to exercise your kegels. Good LUCK and Get to work!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• some guys are just that way, regaurdless of anythig else. i dont see how the anon comment was called for or helpful in anyway.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You can use a diaphragm for birth control.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Most antibiotics interfere with BC pills. If you can't get a hold of your doc, the pharmacist will have this info.

Perhaps non-baby-making sexual activities are best right now?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2010