Does anyone know about nursing homes and medicare?

its a long story but can someone PM me if they have info on medicare and nursing homes? it has to do with assets. thanks!

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 1:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• There's a lookback period of several years if you're trying to hide assets. You really can't get away with it anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• hi I was an director of nursing at a nursing and just went through this with my mom. I thinjk you must be thinking of medicade not medicare. for assets if they are not married they may have a prepaid burial plan, they may not have a house or life insurance. all pensions go to the state with the person given 30 dollars a month spending money.

medicare dosn't have a asset limit but they only pay for 90 days a year and that only if they come right out of a hospital.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 1:56 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I know enough about nursing homes to stay away from them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 20, 2010