my daughters dad

he's had nothing to do with me since I was 5 months pregnant.. she's almost 3 months old.... am I stupid for holding on to the hope that he will come around? or is it common to feel some sort of loyalty I want to not give up and I know I should. Everytime I'm honest with myself I'm depressed I try to hope for the best to keep myself healthy...mentally... maybe I'm doing more harm I just don't know. what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• U are I did that wit my son dad it only made it worst jus take care of yo baby he missing out not u and when she get older she'll thank u
    kadmomma

Answer by kadmomma at 2:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Move on with your life. If he re-enters the picture down the road and is ready to be responsible it will be a blessing for you. But you can't put your life on hold waiting for something that may never happen.

It's kind of like putting your life's savings into a slot machine(yes, i live in vegas LOL) you put your entire investment in that waste of an excuse for entertainment, and all you have to show for it is an empty bank account.

Same holds true here. You are putting all your energy and thoughts into this guy, who probably doesn't think of you or your 3 m.o. and while he's out enjoying his life, you are miserable.

Move on, let go, get a job, go out with friends once a month, live life and if it's meant to be, he'll come around and be there for you and your daughter. It's not an easy thing to do, but i've been where you are, and I was glad to let go the men who screwed me and my kids out of happiness and moved on in life.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You and your baby are all that matter. I would not waste time worring about what he will do. Emotions are not like a faucet, we cannot just turn them on and off. If you have feelings for this man, it will take time to get over them, but if you throw yourself into having a happy healthy life with you and your child, it will get easier with time. You should not depend on another person to make you happy anyway. Be happy with you, then anyone else who comes along is just icing on the cake. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010