braxton hicks?????

ok ,,, mammas to be , i am 35 weeks, babys head is engaged since 32 weeks and i am getting atleast 5 braxton hicks a day , is this normal to have as many??? i no im defo not in labour as this isnt my first and you can tell the difference from braxton to real contractions, but i just wonder if it normal thats all lol xx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had a ton of them it just made me dilate i was 4 cm dialated by 36 weeks so the braxton hicks really helped me and i had a great and fast labor...its completly normal
    TaiZombie

Answer by TaiZombie at 4:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• god am plzd am not alone , they say braxton hicks you can carry on as normal unlike real contractions were u cant talk through them but god these braxton hicks i have to stop in my tracks untill it passes by lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I had a ton of Braxton hicks starting when i was around 23 weeks.. they just had me take it easy and drink lots of water because that helps slow them down (so they say ) but they are very annoying... One day I had soo many I thought they were real contractions (this was my first I didn't know what a real contraction was..lol ) so hubby rushed me to doctors and it was nothing..lol dang.. anyway.. gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• labor has regular contractions. bh are not regular. also, dehydration can cause contractions. are you drinking 2-3 liters of water a day?
    congrats on your new baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I get them from sex. About 4-6 hours after sex. Midwife says that it's fine bc oxitocin-- the hormone released during orgasm-- stimulates contractions anyway.

She has me drinking raspberry leaf tea.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2010