I'm having some contractions?

I know they are different for everyone.. but right now my back will start to hurt and get achy, then this little wave will roll over my stomach all the way up to my chest. i notice that when that happens my breathing gets a little short. my whole stomach gets hard and it last for about 45-60 seconds. and feel kind of pinchy and like cramps. are those contrations?

mrs_skittles

Asked by mrs_skittles at 6:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Definitely sounds like contractions :)
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 6:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• could be braxton hicks too, how far are you?????? if their is a pattern to them and they start to get worse in pain then it will be contractions or if they are all over the place like not in a pattern and stay the same in pain it will be braxton hicks but am sure you will no if your in labour weather its your first or not you will no lol good luck xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 7:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• sounds like it to me!
    how far along are you?
    like pp said, if they are regular, they are contractions.
    good luck!
    congratulations!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• EDIT:
    im 38 weeks 2 days with baby number 2. they were getting more painful but still pretty irregular i guess. it was late when they started waking me up. i was pretty groggy so i didnt time them. so far they have gone away. but who knows lol
    mrs_skittles

Answer by mrs_skittles at 10:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2010