Good Morning Ladies: its. almost 6:30 am . and my little 4 1/2 month old daughter has been sick since last night. and her body is just hot like she is burning up but she has no temp . and i gave her a little of the infant tylenlo and she just aint sleep at all. but for 30 mins at a time. is there anything i can do or am i gonna have to take her to the er or the drs.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give her a cool bath, if she's burning but the thermometer is not registering a fever- most prob the thermometer isn't reading it right. trust your instinct and in 4 hours give her motrin for kids..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'd take her to a doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• overlooked that she is 4.5 months old so YES..take her to the ER, now.
    Anonymous

• Ok . She hasnt had any really wet diapers since last night before i gave her a bath , but yet she doesnt seem like she wants to eat or drink her formula that much. .
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 7:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• She may have a sore throat. Here is another vote to take her to the doctor. Since she hasn't had wet diapers, I'd take her to an urgent care center or call the doctor and try to get the first appointment- explain the problem, and see if they want you to take her to the ER- not to scare you, but dehydration is a problem. Please keep us updated.

Answer by Bmat at 7:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Ok I will . I will be taking her in this morning to the drs. cause she has a temp of 100.5 Man. im scared for her. and im scared my self .
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 7:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You must be a first time Mom. 100.5 is not that high of a temp. That is barely a temp. Call your doctor. Take all her cloths off her to cool her down.

Answer by louise2 at 8:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• She is 4 1/2 months she will be 5 months next week. she hasnt had a wet diaper since last night. she wont hardly drink anything, hardly slept and ect. yeah i am a first time mommy.
    jessyka795

Answer by jessyka795 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think that your worry is reasonable. I worry more about the lack of wet diapers than the slight fever. Please keep us informed.

Answer by Bmat at 9:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would worry more about dehydration at this point if she isn't having wet diapers. 100.5 is not a high temp. so don't worry too much about that - hard I know. Don't bundle her up. Just a onsie in the the house. Call the doctor and get in. It may be a sore throat, but if she is having trouble sleeping, it may be her ears (that's how it was in my house. baby not sleeping = ear ache, but I had good sleepers.) Hope she feels better soon!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2010