Library

I want to go join a library and never have before. I live in Georgia. Well, my question is, I live on the border of my county and the one next to me, but the one next to me, the library is a lot closer than the library from the county I actually live in. Can, I join the library in the other county? Or does it have to be the same county I live in? I was trying to look it up online and couldn't find anything saying I can or can't. All I found was, "Library cards are free to all residents of Georgia. Persons who attend school, own property or are employed in Georgia are also eligible for a free PINES card. PINES cards are valid for 2 years." What do you think that means? Anyone else live and Georgia and go to the library in a different county? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can go to any library you want
    Heck even visitors here in vegas can get library cards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If it's for all Georgia residents, then you can get a card there. The best way to find out is to stop in and ask for sure. It's just a matter of filling out a card with your name and address and they will give you a card. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You can get a card at any library. You can even become a card holder at the public universities. If you are not enrolled as a student, you pay for a university library card. It's a small fee.

Some libraries have sharing programs with other libraries for rare books and journals. When you go in to get your card, there will probably be a nice librarian dying to tell you all the details.

GA draws counties stupidly. And zip codes.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• OP here! Thanks guys! You are right ecodani, GA dows draw counties stupidly! My zip code is for the county next to me, but I technically reside in this one and have to drive so far when I need to go downtown for things like car tags, taxes, ect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2010