37 weeks 1 dday pregnant

For a while now I've been experiencing pain in the groin area, occasional back pain and mild cramps and tightening. Yesterday for most of the day I've been getting these sharp pains that have been shooting up and down through my vaginal pelvic area. I also been getting cramping pain I can feel all the way through my abdomen from back to my belly and been getting leg cramps when my belly cramps and tights up. I went for my 36 week check up and no dilation but baby is low and they found protein in my urine, but my blood pressure was fine, and I have gestational diabetes.. I just wondering if this is normal or a sign of labor.. My husband thinks I will be going into labor soon. I am still feeling some pain and am super tired from it.

itsajen812

Asked by itsajen812 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Pain is normal. No it doesnt mean labor is around the corner. You can get hat back and groin pain fromthe baby pushing down.
    Trust me you WILL know when you are there!
    LOL

Try warm compresses and wamr baths,. Tell hubby to bust out the lotion and give you a great back rub,
    Try to relax as much as you can now. You are almost there honey ! COngrats
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i agree, i think it could still be weeks for you so don't be too encouraged by your husband's optimism. good luck to you!!!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2010