Question about MediCAL coverage (California's form of Medicaid) - does it cover ambulances?

My car has no working windsheild wipers (our only car) and there are many storms in California right now, so I am stuck in the house with no transportation. I have been having severe stomach pains on and off all night, I might end up needing a visit to the ER if it does not let up. I have MediCAL and no income at the moment due to lay offs, so I am wondering if MediCAL would cover it if I needed an ambulance? If not, how much does one usually cost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• Most medical insurance does not cover the cost of the ambulance ride, which will run from $500 - $1000

I would really try calling 1st thing the 800 number on your card and asking or even call a hospital and ask them I am sure they would know. IF not they may have an EMT near that could tell you.
    I know even with bought insurence most people still have to buy abulance insurence. IT is so STUPID!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• ambulance** insurance**

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• dont agree with first poster my sister is on medical and she has been taken to the ER via ambulance a couple of times and yes the medical has paid for it in full the only thing with that is they are only a one way service (they wont take you back home you have to find your own ride back)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Most medical insurance

Where in that did I say all?
    I dont think I did. It is true that MOST dont cover it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010