my baby is 14 months and has nt started walking yet,and am still breastfeeding him wht do i give to him dat can help my baby walk.

gifto

Asked by gifto at 8:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• you can't GIVE him anything. just stand him up and let him play on the floor alot, eventually he will get up and walking. not every child has to walk, talk or potty trained at the same time. my son and daughter did things differently and i didn't give them anything. your rushing your baby to do things he not ready for yet. time is preious and once it's gone you'll want it back. if he's healthy, smiling and laughing whats the rush.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 8:40 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Walk with him. Hold his hands & stand him up. There is no special food to help him learn to walk.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• There is no special food. All you do is hold his/her hands and walk with him. That is a great way to encourage him/her. Some babys don't walk till 15-16 months.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• get him a toy that he can push around , (note I said push ,"not pull")from the back. Thats how my kids started to walk.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would ask his ped. what they think as well. Some babies don't walk because they don't have to. They know mommy will do everything for them. It is just best to double check with the dr. to make sure everything else is fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Encouragement and opportunity are all you can "give" him. It's great that you're nursing him, but what he eats and drinks doesn't have much to do with when he will start walking. If you are worried that he has other developmental delays, talk with his doctor, but it's probably just because he isn't ready to walk yet. Each baby does things at his own pace.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My oldest son didn't walk until he was 14 months old. He looked normal but the doctor pointed out that his feet were turned in just a little. He wore corrective shoes for several months and turned out fine. I agree with getting him checked by a doctor just to be sure everything is alright.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• What does BFing have to dowith him walking? My EBF son walked at 10 months. I agree with everyone. Get him a toy to push. I bought the little push toy that turns into a riding toy later after they are walking good. Also I agree with holding his hands and walking with him.
    jeng1980

Answer by jeng1980 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Just give him the opportunities to do things for himself. The more opportunities he has the better he will take advantage of them. I have a friend who has a 13 mo old who is just crawiling and now is startign to pull herself to stand and has taken a few steps at my house. She hasn't been given the opportunity to do things for herself b/c her dad does everything for her when he is home with her. He works nights and mom works days. She tries to let her do things for herself.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:42 AM on Jan. 20, 2010