tylenol recall...my tot has a fever

the 20 month old has a fever...its about 100.5 right now, not too high to be alarmed. i just wonder if i should give him some of this motrin that i bought the other day before the recall was announced. its never been opened and i checked the lot number on the website and it said that there was no recall for this particular kind of motrin, but im still skeptical to give it to him u know! what should i do, the nurse at the docs office hasnt called back and its been almost an hour. should i put him in a warm bath and see if it lowers on its own?

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If the fever isn't bothering him, just let it run it's course. Otherwise, give him what you ahve. If it isn't part of the recall, I wouldn't worry. I've been using Tylenol for my son for teething without any problem..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• thats not high enough to put him in the bath...thats for if you have a really high fever. The recall was on some tylenol a while back unless they have another recall
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• motrin is fine
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Its not all tylenol....
    The recalled products include junior strength Motrin, children's Tylenol grape meltaway tablets, extra strength Tylenol, extra strength Tylenol rapid release gelcaps, extra strength Tylenol PM geltabs, Motrin caplets, extra strength Rolaids fresh mint tablets, St. Joseph Aspirin chewable orange tablets and Benedryl allergy ultratab tablets.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• oh, i didnt know they had another recall. why are they recalling all these?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• There was a weird smell and some people got sick from it. They said it was possibly contaminated with a chemical that is used to stop mold & mildew growth on wood pallets in warehouses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't give anything unless the temp gets up over 101. Our dr. doesn't like to even call it a fever if it's low like that. Just keep him hydrated and rest with him.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• tylenol had a major recall last week but it's not all brands. I do not remember seeing motrin go off the shelves. But I could be wrong. Go to tylonel's website it will let you know which ones were recalled.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010