How do i get the stains out of my 18 month old's clothes

I pre treat the stains with oxy clean, that i put in a spray bottle, then I will also put dawn dishwashing soap on it, and add oxy clean to the wash cycle....but sometimes the stains won't come out. I am going through clothes like crazy and it is soooo frustrating!! any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

december911

Asked by december911 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• this is going to sound pretty crazy... but I use carpet cleaner. It's by Bissell, called Oxy Gen 2 and it's supposed to get any stain out of the carpet. It's for the SpotBot (which I don't have) but it does also say you can use it to pre-treat laundry! It works WONDERS!!!! My dd spilt spaghetti-O's all over her shirt just yesterday and I squirt that on the stain, washed it like regular and it's GONE!!! I've washed DH's shirts and missed the stain, go back to wash it again with the stuff and it gets it out.
    I've also had good luck with that "shout it out" stuff but got tired of going through it so quickly. If you put stuff on there and let it soak for a little bit before you wash it, I've found that gets stuff out pretty quick too.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• What I do is soak the clothes in Oxy but I don't use the brand it sucks. I use the Sun version and it is way cheaper. I get it at Big Lots for 2 bucks. I then run the load with out soap. I then run the load with another scoop oxy and soap and then the stains are usually gone or really faded and then come out the next time through. If you are that worried put him in the stained clothes at home and use the non stained clothes for when you leave the house. That is what we do. We have a ton of hand me downs and some are stained beyond belief. I let her wear those around the house and put her in nicer clothes when we leave.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010