My ex won 50/50 custody...

My narcissistic ex husband just won 50/50 of our 3 kids. He lied through everything(he has a lawyer, I don't) and the guardian ad litem sided with him. Best interests of the kids??? By a man who has 2 other children by two other women, had his car repo'd, loves his whiskey(but told the lawyer he doesn't drink LMFAO) . I have been there for everything for my kids. He doesn't even know the correct size of clothes. He told me he was going to do this if I divorced him(3 years ago), cuz he isnt going to pay CS for all his kids. He doesn't even pay medical bills. they go to collections and are now ruining my credit because we're responsible for 50/50 bills. I pay my half, he doesn't. when I divorced him, I walked away with nothing. I didn't ask for alimony, his 401K, life insurance, NOT A THING. I just want my children. The original court order; he gets them every Sat, sun, monday a.m. I just don't know what to do. Help!

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 9:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• does he keep them for three days straight? I would advise you to get a lawyer as well and appeal the situation. at least get some legal advice on it. they usually do free consultations. also, you can call cps anonymously so they will investigate his household, to make sure everything is on the up and up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I agree w/ above... Get a lawyer and begin compiling as much evidence as you can to prove him unfit. You need to obtain all of those delinquent bills you speak of, get a copy of cridet reports, document and subpeona witnesses who will testify that he is an alcoholic, and keep a journal to document every interaction that is inappropriate (ie: January 20, ex called today and said he is bringing the kids back early from visit b/c he is stressed out) etc. GL momma!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• **credit
    kenzie07

• I would say just live with it. Unless he is abusing them, there isn't really anything you can do about him being a loser. As far as the medical bills go you should make sure the collectors know that it is his responsibility to pay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Well we are only hearing your side of the story and who knows he could be a great guy your just bitter you didn't get full custody.
    Anonymous

• you should only be responsible for half the bills you had while married. If your paying keep all receipts and fight the bad credit even if you have to go through paying someone to help. If your paying thats all that matters. Once your divorced his actions should not be affecting you. Call the 3 major credit reporting agencies and make sure they know when your divorce was finialized. I had to with my ex. He did the same and used my great credit to secure a loan with his new wife until I caught it and reported that we were divorced at the time. Keep notes of all things he does. Missespicking them up document it. If you can get proof he's an alcoholic or a serious drinker do it. But right now you'll just have to grin and bear it. Sorry. Good luck.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• you should still get child support for the kids I have joint custody of my daughter and I get child support
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 10:58 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Whatever..He is 50% of the kid's chromosomes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Get over it and think of your children instead of your deep seated hatred for your ex. Your mindset is the worst you can have to make it work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• OP, ignore the haters...You obviously ARE thinking of your children by showing concern that they may be in a harmful situation with your ex. He's obviously known for making poor choices, what happens when he decides to drink whiskey all day, then goes to pick the kids up from school?
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2010