How to make your day a good day all of the time?

What makes you feel happy all day long?

Was it the good sex you had the night before?
Is it because your house is very very very clean?
Or you are just a plain happy person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• -When my house is clean I am always in a good mood.
    -I feel better about how my day is going to turn out if I can get out of the house on time (early is better) without any major incidents from my kids or the dog. (whining, puking, toothpaste in the carpet, forgetting to get dressed, etc)
    -Getting enough sleep is key. I am a horribly crabby person when I'm tired.
    -Exercising regularly and keeping my energy level up always improves my disposition.
    -If things start to turn sour I give myself a little pep talk. "Today will be a good day because I am in control. The outcome of my day does not depend on how my environment acts around me, it depends on my choice to react to my environment". If it starts to get really bad I weigh the Big Sh@#, Little Sh$% Factor. This is when I stop and ask myself "Is this really Big enough to be mad about an hour from now? How about 24 hours from now? If not, is it worth being mad about at all?"
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I start my day every day by telling DH something kind before we even get out of bed. Compliments and gratitude make a huge impact on the household energy for the day.

Also, letting the dogs out in the morning is hilarious. Their enthusiasm is really contagious too.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• listen to music. play with a pet. when all else fails chocolate!
    midnightroses

Answer by midnightroses at 9:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• In order for me to have a good all day long I have to constantly tell myself that "it will be a good day!". I do this frequently. I have also discovered that in the last few days since I started a moderate exercise program that I am also a happier person.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2010