Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2008 W2

In 2008, I left my job after the first 3 weeks in January b/c I found out I was pregnant and I worked in a bar and didn't want to work in all that smoke. That was the only job I worked in 2008 so when my DH filed taxes last year, he forgot about that job and so had I (I guess we both thought I quit before the new year). Well, I guess they had the wrong address on file and we finally got the W2 for that job after we filed our taxes last year and after we had received our refund. So, we were going to file it this year with our taxes. Now, keep in mind, I totally don't understand accounting and taxes (why I changed majors when I had a hard time passing accounting in college), and my DH always does our taxes on TurboTax. Well, he could not figure out how to file a 2008 W2. Does anybody know how I can file it? I know its not much, but I don't want to get in trouble for not filing it.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (3)
  • You need to file an amended return for 2008.

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • There should be somplace on Turbo Tax where you can select something like "Amend a Previous Return." That is what you need to do, amend the '08 return. You can't file the '08 with your '09 taxes, it needs to be done with the year in which you made the income.

    Answer by MaryMW at 11:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • i work at liberty tax and what i would do if a client came in and that happened is I would ammend their 2008 return and then have them file the 2008 and 2009 return after.

    Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.