what is the best solution for getting totally rid of dandruff/ dry scalp?

I've tried neutragena t/gel and it worked ok, but didn't get totally rid of it. Any natural remedies or stuff I can get in a store that will get rid of this annoying problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• tea tree oil. Honestly, head and shoulders works very well in the short run. In the long run, nothing beats GOOD nutrition, fresh air and sunshine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Either a shampoo with tea tree oil (the Trader Joes peppermint is very good), or you can try going "no poo". It will take your scalp a few weeks to adjust: make a paste with apple cider vinegar and baking soda, with a couple of drops of tea tree oil

Answer by rkoloms at 10:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Where is the best and cheapest place that I can find tea tree oil? I mean, can I get it at Wal-mart, or do I have to go to a specialty store? We don't have a Trader Joes around us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'd say be a baby's 'cradle cap' shampoo. It'd work wonders! [Remember to really rub it in and leave it for a good few mins] xxx
    pomander

Answer by pomander at 10:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I agree with the Tea Tree oil suggestion. I like the shampoos that have it in there, they sell some at Sally Beauty, as well as in different lower cost salons, such as Great Clips, etc. Smells great too. : )
    Anonymous

• soak your scalp with baby oil....wrap your head in a hot towel and keep changing the towel and keep heating the scalp for at least a hour.....then wash with a head and shoulders and comb from the scalp, all the way to the ends of the hair all over your head......you might see a lot of chaffing from the scalp, this is the dandriff , keep combing until the scalp is clear ........rinse again.......
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 8:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2010