Have you donated money to the Haiti fund?

I hope all of you have! Can you imagine what it would be like if it were us in that situation? Don't take Life, Food, Family, Clothing, material things for granted! You never know when it can all end...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes.I contributed $25.00 to Save the Children Haitian fund. That wasn't very much but it is better than zero. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Nope, and don't plan on it either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yes. We have a local organization that already had a charity with Haiti. So we are kinda skipping all the political charities and actually getting things to people instead. We donate 10% of our income to charity each month anyways, so we have simply switched over to this charity. We are also sending clothing, bedding, canned food... all that stuff too...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yes I have & plan to continue giving. We lost many family friends in this tragedy & it breaks my heart to see the children w/ such severe injuries. THANK YOU FOR THOSE THAT CARE & CAN HELP!!!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• No i didnt. I can hardly keep my hefad above water. I donated clothes that dosnt fit me from before i had my son. And a friend of mine donated food and about 8 black trashbags of clothes and shoes. The people who get her stuff are going to be happy lol its all designer clothes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• YES to the red cross. You can text them at 90999 to send them $10.

RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:37 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I haven't but we have three children from Haiti coming to live with us so we are saving all our resources to care for them. We adopted from there two years ago so when we were contacted about these children I said yes. Their parents are dead so the plan is for us to adopt. We will see how it goes the children are 6 months, 18 months and 3 how they survived is a miracle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• No. That's total BS. We have people to take care of HERE. Yay for you if you want to help, but I've got enough of my own propblems.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:54 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yes, we have. And are struggling too. We figured that they have it much worse than they do. We still gave even though its my sons birthday this Sunday. And guess what, two days after we made a donation we saw a hundred dollar credit in our bank account online. My husband and i looked at each other like "what the hell is this?". We clicked on it and it was a credit for a referral. My father referred us to that bank one year ago. It came at the perfect time because we didn't have much money to celebrate our sons birthday. God is good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Nope and I will not either I agree with Pnukey it is total Bull S***! When I donate money or clothes it is to my community or MY COUNTRY, not some other country that had some of these problems before!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2010