Why are women today choosing artificial insemination even when they have no problems conceiving???

young women today are choosing AI instead of looking for a man

collegegirl13

Asked by collegegirl13 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know... Just in to much of a hurry!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I think that these days a lot of women are more concerned with themselves to worry about a guy. They decide that THEY are in control of their lives and THEY will make the decisions. Do I personally agree with this, no. But it's just a side effect of women becoming more powerful in this day and age.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Are you saying that having "a man" is the best thing for everyone? Chances are high that if a 20-something is doing AI, she is either married and having fertility troubles, or in a lesbian relationship and they want a baby. Otherwise, I saw very few "young women" in the fertility clinic. They were mostly couples in their 30's. Then there were the single moms by choice, like me, who were not in their 20's.

After being married for the better part of a decade, I have to say that going solo when conceiving and now raising my twins it is soooooooooo nice to not have a grown male child (aka hubby) to take care of as well.

There are many, many more like me out there who are confident enough, and have the resources to go it alone. We don't need men to take care of us.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i would have to think that these women want a child without the hassle of raising a man to, mabe they are later in life and not considering marriage also.
    koolmom343

Answer by koolmom343 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I have 4 daughters, one by AI and three by adoption. I have never been married, and I'm not a lesbian, I have boyfriends occaisonally, but I didn't care to wait around for me to find "Mr. Right." I just wanted some children. They're now 15, 13, 9 and 8 months. I got to experience motherhood, pregnancy, breastfeeding, all without the help of a man, and we're just fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I would imagine a woman does NOT wish to have a child with a man she does not want to BE WITH. One doesn't need a man to be a mother. Those women simply want to be mothers.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008