Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

back child support and tax returns

So my ex has never paid CS he has always worked for cash. He owes me well over 10 grand. Well he finally filed his taxes from the last 3 years. He only did that so he can get SSI for his disability. Now he is all upset I'm going to be getting that return. I never get much of a return I actully pay in and what I do get back is money that I earned. I think I have been very understanding and not greedy. I take her there and pick her up EOW. I never asked for daycare costs or medical costs so I think he is still getting off easy BTW. So when they do recapture his return do you know how long it will take for me to get it? He thinks I will get it soon and I don't think I will see it for a while. He had the balls to ask me for some of that money HAHAHA!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (9)
  • um not sure but I don't think it will be much longer than your average refund , They are giving it to you because it is owed you , I have no sypathy for him he should have been a stand up dad , IMO

    Answer by freedomthinks at 10:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • That is considered federal debt. It will be sent straight to you. This same thing happened to a friend of mine but just a little different. He ended up paying more then he was supposed to so he got some of what he paid back. But the check will be in your name and mailed to you. Congrats on getting some of your money!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • hahaha...thats great! My ex is always slacking in paying too. He has never filed taxes either cuz he works for cash too. I wish he was as stupid as yours.

    Answer by shay1130 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • That is your money and he has no right to even come out of his mouth to ask u for any of it. U take care of your child by your self and plus he owes you 10 grand. That's your money and don't u give him one dime of it

    Answer by officerdouglas at 10:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • I don't know what the laws are in your state. However, in Ohio, it depends on if he filed jointly or not. If he did file jointly w/ a spouse or whatever, then here, they hold it for up to 6 months. So that the spouse or whoever, has time to go back and say that they don't want to give up their portion of the return, (like if they get divorced or something). I waited 7 mo., only to find out that everything he had earned, he had put in his wifes name, so they returned the check to her, and never informed me. When my daughter brought it up he said that they had spent it all, and then some, so they couldn't put any toward c/s. Oh yeah, he did say at the very beginning that they had told him he could take the return check out of c/s account, cash it, and then return the money to the account. But he said that he didn't really want to do that. Grrrrr. LOL, him asking for some of the money, sounds like somthig my sperm donor would do.

    Answer by HappyEndings at 10:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • No he is not married and no other CS cases against him even though there should be LOL

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • Oh I get a refund every year because he gets behind. So u should be receiving your money soon.

    Answer by officerdouglas at 10:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • My ex filed his in January last year and I didn't get the refund until end of March for the federal and April for the state.

    Answer by missanc at 12:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • You're lucky he's not married, and has no other kids then. lol. In that case, I don't know. Sorry.

    Answer by HappyEndings at 1:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.