Getting irritated at my sons teacher...

Dismissal is at 2:30...why is she the last teacher to dismiss her class at 2:45! My problem is my other son has to be somewhere after school at 2:45 on certain days and he is late because of this! What should I do? She does this atleast 3-4 times a week! She's just not organized.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would call the school and talk to the principal.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If I had to be somewhere else at 2:45, I'd go in and get my child at dismissal time, letting them know I had to be somewhere at 2:45. You cannot control the teacher, but you can take control of the situation to your satisfaction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Got talk to her and explain the situation to her that the children need to be out on time. If things don't get better, take it up with the principal as well and "strongly suggest" that they let you walk to his classroom at let-out time to get him if this matter does not clear up.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:26 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Talk to the principle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• maybe the kids arent behaving and she is holding them until they behave...i would park my car..go in the school and go to her class and remove him from her class at 2:30.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i would talk to the principle
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• *****

Talk to the teacher, sometimes the kids are not cooperating so they keep them a few minutes later. You should discuss it with her, and explain he has to be somewhere at a certain time.

If that does not work, go to the principle, but at least give her the benefit of a doubt.... I don't think she is being spiteful...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Can you email her a friendly note? You can simply start off with......"Hi............I understand that meeting the needs of # children is difficult sometimes, but I have a commitment be somewhere promptly at 2:45. Can you please have (your sons name) ready at 2:30 sharp? I would really appreciate that very much" How does that sound?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• walk in and get him out at the correct time
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 3:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• As a teacher I have to say I'd NEVER keep them an extra 15 minutes. When that bell rings, HAVE A NICE NIGHT!! lol I have so much grading, and planning to do that I need MY TIME after school as well. If they are misbehaving, that teacher keeping them 15 minutes later is NOT going to change their attitudes.
    Anonymous