formula switching question

my dd has always used similac, first the sensitive, now the advanced. A friend gave me some small cans of ready to feed goodstart, can I use it without upseting her tummy? Oh she used goodstart before we knew she needed sensitive when she was first born.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only way to know is to try it. But frankly, if it was a problem before, I'd hesitate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Um, I dunno about that one, I guess it would be to introduce it to her very slowly. My daughter was on lots of different formulas and Goodstart was the one she ended up liking the best.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You can try to give it to her just like that. If it upsets her tummy then mix the formula when you make the bottle half similac and half goodstart. Thats what i had to do because my son didnt transition well. And just keep putting a little less each time. For example

8oz bottle-4oz goodstart 4oz similac
    8oz bottle-6oz goodstart 4ox similac
    then you give all goodstart. It helps with not upseting their tummy when giving something new. My sons doctor told me to do this with my son when i went from similac neosure to enfamil. It worked out great.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't know...I wouldn't do it personally my ds is 10 months old and he has had the same kind( goodstart gentle plus) since he was born...I wont give him any other kind until he is 1...but i know my niece who breast feeds gave her 3 month old some of my son's formula on xmas because she didn't wanna whip her boob out in front of the whole family...and he was fine...but what is for some is not for others,.be careful it wouldn't be worth it to me to cause a small baby a stomach ache over a couple bottles of free formula....but good luck in whatever you do..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If your dd had problems w/ it before then you might wanna think twice about it. However, little systems do change, and you never know. I was on WIC w/ my 2nd and 3rd kids, so they got similac advance, but as everyone on WIC knows they don't give you enough to last the whole mo. since they are just helping to offset the cost of formula, so when I ran out, I'd go for Target brand $11.98 for a big can or members mart (Sam's club) $22 for a double big can. and my kids were fine. It all depends on your baby, since they are all totally different. :)
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:39 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I always used the same formula, but if I got a really great coupon for another brand I would get that. I never had a problem switching.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2010