how close could i be to active labor?

two days ago i had my bloody show, then all day yesterday and today i have had diarreah. i have irragulare contractions, and lower back pain. i looked it all up and it saiys that this is the first stage of labor, but i was wondering how long till i hit the second stage. what have your experiences been? i know everyone is differant so i thought i would ask what happend with you. thanks so much. i live about 30 min. away from the hospital and the babysitter live about 30 min from my house. i know i dont need to go till the contractions are a couple min. apart and last 60-90min. but should i be getting ready or just relaxe and wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I"d call & ask your dr, they know your medical history & all the info on you to determine if you need to start getting ready or wait.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Relax and wait yes, but you can always get your ducks lined up in a row, too.
    I like the 4-1-1 Rule for the average. (4 minutes apart for an hour or so and about one minute long each.)
    I waited until they were closer, but had fewer "other" factors (that you have), too.

Best wishes!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:12 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i would have all your things realdy and by the front door. but it is still a waiting game at this point. you could (if your anxious) take some walks to maybe help things speed along a little.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:13 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• it really is a guessing game. you could go into active labor in 5 minutes, or days from now.

since you asked for personal experience, though, i never had bloody show, but went into active labor about 3 days after noticing a mucus plug. i never had any early labor contractions until the night before active labor started.

good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I was like that for about 3 weeks after I lost my plug...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It could be any minute, but it could be days. I know you're looking for a better answer, but it's all up in the air. I'd probably let your baby sitter know you might need her soon, but then relax and wait. Take a walk or something to keep yourself ocupied and maybe help things along. Good luck!
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2010