ITS BACK!! HELP ME!! What is on my babies booty??

Okay, My 18 month old little boy has had this "rash" that looks like ant bites on his booty that go away and flair back up. It started new years day and just sorta goes away then comes back in a week or so. I took him to the doctor and he barely looked at it and said,...oh its "probably" just a heat rash!!! Well, sorry, but that is not good enough for me. It is NOT hot in my house, or outside...and heat rashes should go away!! Please look at the picture on my profile and tell,... me if it looks like something, or if you know what it is!!

Rjordan97

Asked by Rjordan97 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be a yeast infection..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Even if it's not hot in your house, he's in a diaper that doesn't have much air circulation, so he could still have heat rash. Can you give him more naken time so he can air out?
    It also could be a form of yeast. My dd had a yeast rash on her butt that came and went for a few weeks. Or dr recommended cutting out juice, and giving her probiotics (like in yogurt, only they are little tablets you can get OTC at Walgreens), and letting her have more time with no diaper or undies on (She was potty taining at the time).
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It doesn't have to be hot in your house to have a heat rash. A heat rash is caused by sweat and as you know a baby's booty is the sweatiest part of the body with that diaper and jammies on it. It's a reaction to the sweat. They pop up on a child's chest, bottoms, and thighs. best thing you can do is air out the little guy's bum for a little bit by removing the diaper and see if that helps. Refrain from baby lotions too. Babies are quite active and some just sweat more than others.

Also if it's only on the baby's bottom...maybe try changing the brand of diaper and see if that helps.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:33 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't know what it is but here are some things tha may help: breastmilk (squirted right on the rash), cloth diapers, naked-booty time, sunshine (not enough to burn of course!! not direct!!), less dairy in his diet, oatmeal (grind it in a coffee grinder, put it in the end of an old stocking, and throw it in the bath - squeeze it to soak and put it on the rash). Good luck! I think naked-booty time may be the best remedy.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• He needs more naked time. When they get to that old they do have a tendancy to get this rash. His diaper is getting super wet and causeing urine burn. Also he's 18 months could be cutting teeth. I'd say it all of the above. Keep him very clean do naked time and find a cream or ointment that works for him.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Oh yeah forgot the poster who said cut down on the acidic fruit I would also do that.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yeah, that is no good...poor kid :( I work at a daycare and there is a little boy with similar problems and his parents found out that he has a type of eczema and they use this stuff called triple cream...it works really good, but unfortunately the rash comes back every once in awhile. I'd ask for a recheck on the rash...because it could be eczema, and as another girl said a yeast infection. I hate when doctors blow you off like you're a moron or something.
    frogger11

Answer by frogger11 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I have been giving him naked booty time ever since he was 12 months sorta as a potty training thing...so he gets to do that everyday for at least 2 hours. I have recently started putting lotion on him due to the cold, but always leave his diaper area alone because i don't want it to make him sweat and give him a rash. He is only aloud 5 oz of juice a day, and that is half water. And has only 1 -8 oz cup of milk a day. I stay at home with them and change his diaper atleast every two hours. His diaper is NOT getting soaked before I change him so it IS NOT urine burn!!! I have put Destin, A&D, & powder on it, but nothing seems to help. Yeast infection is sounding like the common answer from everyone, and at this point making the most sence!! And Yes, it is very aggrivating when you are genuinely concerned about your child and the doctor just thinks your being crazy.
    Rjordan97

Answer by Rjordan97 at 9:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2010

• With all that I agree yeast infection. Sometimes as Moms we need to put the Drs. feet to the fire. insist they look farther. I've had to this with two of my children. Don't be afraid to push.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2010