Does anyone else kiss their cat/pet?

I try to pick up my cats ( I have 2) at least once a day and hold them for a few minutes so they know I love 'em...I have this habit of kissing their little heads...I can't help it, they're so cute~! Invariably I end up with a mouth full of fur and am wiping and spitting it away after I put them down...ewwww...& I just found a cat hair in my coffee cup after I took a sip...BIGGER EWWWW... Is it weird/gross that I kiss my cats? ...do any of you kiss your pets?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I kiss my kitties heads too...when they'll let me! I agree, they are just too cute not to steal smoochies from.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• LoL. I have and always will kiss my dogs. Most animal lovers I know do. So no, don't think you're wierd!
    Pet hair has a tendency to get everywhere, but that's why there's the saying "you can have kids and pets...or you can have decor"!
    littlehero

Answer by littlehero at 11:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i kiss my dogs and my cat.......i dont think its weird at all its great to be an animal lover
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You can get toxoplasmosis from kissing cats - I wouldn't recommend it.
    Anonymous

• nope...i have never kissed an animal..(maybe when i was a kid but not as an adult) i see them licking their asses and just don't have any desire to put my mouth anywhere near their face. My husband w might as well make out with our cats...i tell him to get a room. I hate seeing him kiss them. Its gross. I tell him to wash his hands and wipe his face. I wont even let him touch me if we are about to have sex until he washes the fur off his hands. It just really creeps me out. I know i go a little too far and that its probably a little extreme in my case but i cant help it.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Of course I do! I kiss all my babies,human and feline!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I kiss my pets. And, as for having the pet hair in your coffee, I'm sure you have eaten or drank pet hair before if you have pets. :) It comes with the territory.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Yep, I give our dogs a kiss and hug a few times/day.. I don't kiss them on the mouth so no fear when it comes to getting something yucky,lol.. They are sooo sweet and I have done it for so long now when they come to me they sit and look at me like "hey aren't you gonna give me a hug"? We love our furry babies!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Of course!!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I've had cats my whole life (and a few dogs thrown in here and there) and have always given them kisses and hugs - I don't think I could go a day without them!! And there's statistics on the amount of animal fur (and human hair!) the average person consumes in a year (although I think mine is double because I had a long haired Turkish Angora for the past 11 1/2 years!), just google it, it's gross lol!! Plus, from things I've read cats and dogs saliva makes their mouths cleaner than humans, even when they lick themselves!
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 1:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010