ADHD

Do anyone have a child who have ADHD ?

Babygirl1966

Asked by Babygirl1966 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• My oldest son does and my middle son has ADD. It's hard but we manage fairly well.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• my son has ADHD/Asperger why are you asking?
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I was asking because my son have have ADHD . The docs are trying him on Intunvi right now. I hope and pray that this medicine work. Myson have been on Vyvase and he have been on Focalin XR these two medicines had him like out of it and talking to slow and something you could not understand him when he talk. I also wanted to know more parents that child or children that have ADD Or ADHD. So, I could talk to.
    Babygirl1966

Answer by Babygirl1966 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You might want to join the Cafemom group ADHD and Us! There is good information and many experienced moms in the group. I was actually researching my son's condition when I found Cafemom.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 1:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I'm a former Pre-school Special Ed teacher.  Besides medication, there is some behavior modification that parents need to know.  Living with a child with ADD/ADHD isn't easy, but being a child with ADD/ADHD isn't easy either.  These kids need firm limits that don't move, so parents need to be very consistent with their limits.  Don't be afraid to ask for help with behavior issues.  Believe me, you aren't alone.

itsaparent

Answer by itsaparent at 4:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010