Continue praying?

Is it wrong to keep praying for the same thing over and over? If I prayed for something for years and it has not happened, does that mean it will never be? Or do I continue praying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes the answer to a prayer is no...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• You can pray as much as you like.Someone told me one time, that I don't need to pray for something twice, he heard me the first time. I feel that when your heart is in something so strong, whats wrong with shareing that thought with god?Just my opinion, God is good all the time maybe whatever it is your praying for is not ment for you and he (god) is protecting you.Or god has other plans for you, maybe your ment for so, so much more.You just havn't been called to bat yet.' Just my opinion.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:57 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Keep praying. SOmetimes the answer isn't what we want or are expecting - be listening for God's answer, even if it is no.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I don't think you should stop praying, but I think you should remember that God's will is done, not ours. We can't change God's mind, but we can trust in Him.  We don't know exactly what God has planned for us in our earthly life.  He knows better what we need than we do. We are to trust in Him, that He will provide what we need. What we need may not be what we think. Also, I've read that God's answers are not only "yes" and "no," but also "not yet."  Peace & God bless you . . .

LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 12:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I've always heard that God has 3 answers for every prayer. 1. No 2. Yes & 3. Wait with wait being the hardest.

I prayed for 11 years for God to bring a man into my life whom I could love & share my life after my first husband left me for another woman. I believe during that time God taught me a great deal. I learned I am a strong woman who can do anything when I set my mind to it. Before I was pitiful. I can make it on my own & didn't have to rely on anyone else. I became whole during that time. My ex had taken a lot of me with him but I was able to heal. I've been married almost 3 years & feel just as strong & whole as before we married. He compliments my life & we are a team & not one ruling over the other. He had great timing because within a year of us being married we had 4 of our grandchildren live with us with one ending up going to live with his dad & the other 3 are ours forever. Couldn't do that alone!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• matt 6:6-8

. 6 You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you. 7 But when praying, do not say the same things over and over again, just as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words. 8 So, do not make yourselves like them, for God YOUR Father knows what things YOU are needing before ever YOU ask him.
    Anonymous

• Depends on what you are praying for but you need to come to a realization of this. Instead of asking start declaring. Faith is believing in the things not seen. Be specific and declare the thing for which you have been praying about. God has heard the prayer now it is time to change it to a declaration. :-) The reason some people do not see results is because they do not realise it is already theirs. It is the Father's GOOD pleasure to give YOU the KINGDOM! Everything in the Kingdom already belongs to you so it is time to act like it does instead of believing for something that you already have.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• A delayed answer to prayer does not mean denied.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I believe St Monica prayed for 11 years for her son and husband to convert before it happened.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 2:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• no anon, that is satan. See satan is evil God is good. The evil DOES come from satan that is just how it works
    Anonymous