Had a baby 11 months ago thru c-section and prego again!

Hello! Was just wondering if anyone else had another baby so soon after having a c-section? Will I have to have another c-section? Will my uterus rip?lol. I have a doctors appointment next week and I'm sure I'll ask all these questions there but I was wanting to know from other real live moms that have been there... what was your experience?
p.s. I have to post this anon because I haven't told anyone other than the DH that I'm prego yet,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am having my 4th c-section in mid-August. My other kids are 4yrs, 22 months, and 9 months. I didn't have any complications with any of the c-sections other then the last one taking a little longer because there was a lot of scar tissue build up. Congrats!!
    Graceee

Answer by Graceee at 3:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My current little one will be 20 months when my baby is born. He was a planned c section, as this one will be due to some past problems but the dr said if I weren't in my particular situation that there wouldn't be a problem with the timing if I wanted to do a VBAC.

Answer by missanc at 12:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I got pregnant when my daughter was 11 months old. My son came early (had nothing to do with having a previous c-section) so they are 19 months apart. I had no issues with having two c-sections so close together.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I got pregnant with my second 13 months after my C-section, and had a successful VBAC. You don't have to have another C-section, esp. if the reason for your first won't repeat itself in this pregnancy, but if you don't want that, be sure to bring it up with your doctor, because you'll have to find one (and a hospital) who will support that decision, and not all of them will. And the chances of your uterus rupturing are still very slim; the chances go up a fraction of a percent because of your previous uterine surgery (there is a risk even with a first-time birth with no history of uterine surgery), but even then the chances of anything serious happening because of it are even smaller because the statistics for uterine rupture include everything from asymptomatic ruptures that heal on their own and cause no complications to ones resulting in death (again -- very very very rare, and possible even without the previous C-section).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My very best friend just had this happend to her. She gave birth on October 28th 2008 by C-section to twin baby girls and found out on March 6th 2009 that she was pregnany again. She gave birth October 12th 2009 to a baby girl by C-SECTION again to a baby girl. She had to have a C-section again as her body had not healed properly yet from the first delivery. It had not even been a full year since giving birth. Everyone's different though. Perhaps it could have been the fact that she had twins the first go round.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i got pregnant with #3 when #2 was 11 mo. i got a repeat c-section but i could have had a v-bac if i went into labor naturally (which i didn't lol). they can't induce u but if your dr. is willing you could try for a v-bac if that interests you. i had no complications with the pregnancy or surgery. congrats btw
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010