Telemarketers Calling Your Cell....Anyone else have this problem?

I just got a phone call from a telemarketer on my cell phone. I know there was a news report on our local news that said how to avoid them calling you but I can't seem to find the report anywhere.

Is anyone here finding that their cell phone is getting hit with telemarketing calls? I do not want my minutes wasted with someone blabbering about getting low interest rates, especially when I don't even own a house!

CinderAmethyst

Asked by CinderAmethyst at 12:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You now have to have them blocked just like you do your home phone. The new law took effect some time late last year. You have to block from your cell phone. It has to be done individually, so you can't call from your phone and also block for your husband's phone. I did it last year, but I no longer have the number. I'm sure you can find it somewhere online.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• We have a private number because it got so bad. We also put all our numbers and cell phones on the national do not call list. You call from your cell or you can do it from their web site.. Yes, it is a pain in the butt... Just google "national do not call" it should come up and just follow the directions from there. Once you have been put on the list, when one calls just tell them. They wont call again.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.. You cannot call from a different phone number..

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS... It takes about 20 seconds.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Thanks for the number! I'll do that today! I'll keep this post up so other moms can get the info too. :D

When I first got my cell number 5 years ago, i use to get automated calls in spanish LOL was waiting for them to say "press one for english" LOLLLL didn't happen. Have no clue what they were saying but i do know how to say "press one in english" LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2010