Does scoliosis worsen as we age?

I have scoliosis. My back hurts more lately. Migraines too! We're jobless here and uninsured. So I can't see any Doctors! Is there any relief? Or am I doomed to more pain? Just curious. Thank you Kindly for any advice/suggestions!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 12:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• Defintely! Exercise can help; diet can help migraines.

Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• scoliosis as we age can get worse, we lose bone mass as we age and the possibility of arthritis increases, making the pain even more. it also depends on the degree of scoliosis, the higher the degree the more chances of progression. There are doctors out there that will see you for little or no money and there are places that take human guinea pigs to do MRI's for research, maybe you can get your Thoracic and lumbar spine done. Try getting govt help even if just for a few months until you are back on your feet, or until you can take care of this, good luck.
    Anonymous

• I have/ had scoliosis. No. I don't believe it is an age thing. If you continue the lifestyle you are on then yes. Time will only make a problem worse if you don't change it. I work for a research and development company that has found, I believe and many health practitioners believe, the answer for arthritis, bone loss, and other deficiencies resulting from the inability to process and metabolize calcium and other minerals and hormones. It has had studies proving the regrowth of new stem cells for the development of new bone and joint tissue, resulting in proper metabolism of insulin, increased bone mass, and improvements of other systems. NO SIDE AFFECTS. Before I was on the wellness home technologies and the new osteo product I hurt all the time. I was shrinking. I now have added an inch back in height. You can't get this with a doctor's RX and besides, the new Obama plan restricts "aging Disease" from coverage.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 4:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• AS for the jobless thing, This could help with that too. My husband and I are "Jobless" and have been for more than a year. You can always be on medicaid, but what if you could get your back taken care of through natural means, fixing it not covering it up with medicine, and make some good money that you could live on? I am hoping to help with the current 2 crisis's in America. Health and Economic. You have both. We need to talk. I can offer a solution to both. write me back or visit my webpage and email me. www.nikken.com/1heart1mind.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 4:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My mother has severe scoliosis - she needed surgery when she was in her mid 40's because the pain became too much.

Don't fall for any gimmicks - scoliosis affects the spine and central nervous system. Scoliosis has nothing to do with arthritis, bone loss, or deficiencies. Not sure what 1heart1mind is trying to tell you. First she says she works for a research and development company and in her next post she and her husband are jobless. Reading her reply - she doesn't have a clue what scoliosis is.

As far as the Community Health Center answer - I work in a Community Health Center and you would be referred out to a specialist that deals with your condition and you would still be responsible for your charges with the specialist and for your surgery if you needed it. You would also be responsible for the costs of your medication. delete your answer
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 5:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Um I do know what scoliosis is. I never though it had anything to do Bone health in that way either. I was diagnosed with scoliosis, Though it is slight it is a structural issue where the spine curves, S shaped. And as time goes on, as long as it is not treated it can worsen. I lost an nearly 2 inches from high school to my first pregnancy. But I gained it back with the use of the things I'm talking about. I've been involved in some way with the company for more than 15 years and have seen things that you just don't fix in the medical world get fixed. Until you see it you can't knock it. How can you explain that elderly women over 60 and 70 are reversing structural problems including scoliosis with something that has been clinically proven? You need to read the research and watch the seminars put on by medical practitioners. Go to Pharmacist Jim Dragon.com and look at his stuff. Jobless does not mean without income.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 10:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2010