Do you really think one political party is better than the other?

Not the official party platform but the politicians in the party. Do you believe one is more/less corrupt or actually cares about the people in this country?

I'm referring to Reps and Dems of course since they are, sadly, the only viable parties out there at the moment.

I see some Reps cheering and some Dems lamenting Browns victory in Mass and don't get it. What difference does it really make?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 12:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It makes a huge difference because now the Dem's don't have all the control. Its better because there will be more input now, and not just one sided.
    Anonymous

• Considering the dem party has been hijacked by the progressive(socialist) movement, yes. They put the whole dem party in a bad light.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I agree with both anon and Carpy...I dont know that Brown will for sure will listen to the people ..hope he does

I know there are corrupt jackasses of both parties..id like to rid the GOP of the RINOS and jackasses if at all possible
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• They both suck! As for Brown, time will tell.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 1:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• all the control

That's the issue. It doesn't matter what letter comes after the names, what matters is how many of each we have. Supermajorities, especially when they are held by the same party that holds another branch, are dangerous. There should never be a Republican controlled house and senate under a Republican president, just like there should never be a Democratically controlled house and senate under a Dem president.

Unfortunately, we have now hardcoded the party system into our rules. We were never intended to have political parties, and instead we not only create them, we give them special privileges. No matter how many independents make it to office, you will never see a Senate Majority Leader or Speaker of the House with an (I) after their name.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• no, i think the whole structure is flawed. power and money corrupts equaly.
    Anonymous

• If the Dems have been hijacked by progressives the Reps have been hijacked by the "religious right". I know of few real Conservatives in our govt. I've read Brown is pro-choice and seen him called a RINO.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Neither party is completely good or completely bad. For the most part, the D's have given in to the ultra-left, and the R's have followed the lead of the D's. Now, there are some in each party who try to do what is right according to the Constitution, however, there are not enough of them to make a difference. I just hope that Brown's win will help some who were going down the wrong path to find enough of their souls and spines to stand up and say NO, this isn't right, and I'm not going to support it any more. But, only time will tell.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i think that all politicians have a bit of foul play within them. Sadly, the longer they are a politician, the worse the fouls and corruption. I HOPE that CHANGES - starting with Brown. His blossoming political career seems fresh and honest. Let's hope the bloom doesn't fall off that rose!

Looking at someone like Obama, I honestly do not think he really has the best interest of PEOPLE on his mind. I think he has been corrupt well before his presidency. His track record speaks volumes about his character - from his church affiliation thru his poor voting record as Senator to his empty promises to the American people. He has a used car salesman approach in his ways. He will say anything to appeal to people, but has his own political agenda to pave his road to power.

cont.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I have to wonder if the Reps commenting felt the same way about one party having all the power when Bush was in office and had a Rep Congress for 6 years. Many seemed upset that Dems took the house in 2006.

I'm willing to admit I fell into the partisan crap for a long time, thought Dems were better, not perfect but better. I think they all, with few exceptions, suck out loud.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010