Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has any1 ever file a contempt motion paper for other party for disobeying a court order?

Am trying to file contempt motion bcse my ex has been disobeying court order for such long time and now it has been about 5-6months since he seen, talk or antyhing to our son. we havent receive any child support since oct. and in the past he always refuse to see his son always came up wit excuses, on the court order he is order to see his son every other wk which he nver evr has follow.
So i just recently heard about how i could file this paper. But it says that i have to deliver the paper, and pay a fee.
i am sooo confused - i dont undertstand it at all and am wondering how much the fee is.
any tips would really be helpful!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Why do you want someone who treats you guys this way to see your son?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • I have never heard of a court order requiring a parent visit, only visitation orders that allow it. Are you sure you don't have the 2 confused?

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • Go back to the court & get the instructions. There most likely is a filing fee. The paper has to be hand delivered, but not necessarily by you. You can hire someone to do it. Around here the sheriff's dept will deliver court papers. Or you can hire someone else to serve him. As far as child support, you should report it to the Friend of the Court that he is not paying. They can then issue a bench warrant for him.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • Only the Court can tell you how much the fee is. Each county is different in fees. As for cs, just call child support and have them arrest him. Normally after 3 months of non payment they do it anyway but it's best to tell them what's up. I wouldn't bother about the fact that he doesn't see the child. I'd just go for the cs. That won't cost you anything

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

  • If I were you I wouldn't want to force the guy to see your child. How do you know what he says or how he treats your son when he does see him? It's likely he says or does things that shows the boy he is unwanted. I would just go after him for the child support if I were you. Don't make your child see some bastard that is probably going to treat him badly in private because he doesn't want anything to do with him.

    Answer by Geminus at 4:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.