What are some nice vacation spots for kids in the US for under $2000 for 4 people?

I see we can get a decent package at Disney for 6 days, 5 nights for around that much with meal packages and a $500 gift card included. What would be some places that I could take my kids that would be comparable to that? They're not real big on the idea of Disney, they are 16 and 14. I also have a toddler who will be almost 2 this summer at the time of our vacation.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 12:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Check our Universal Studios or Cedar Point or Busch Gardens. You can probably get a package with just about any theme park, and those parks are more for "big kids".
    Anonymous

• are you wanting to go to the beach or what do you have in mind?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I have no idea. The older 2 love water parks, that's the only "must have". I hate beaches because I'm a fat ass lol but if that's what they want I'll do it. I was thinking Disney because they have that animal wildlife reserve and they love animals. In the past we've done caving. They like rock climbing, sort of rugged stuff.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• where do you live? there is a Great Wolf Lodge near us and I loved going there- we have been twice now- it is an indoor water park with a nice hotel...there are several in the U.S

http://www.greatwolf.com/
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 1:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Head to my state and visit the Jersey Shore! I promise you'll love it. And most of the bigger shore towns have rly awsome water parks!
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think you need to let us know what part of the US you are in. $2000 isnt going to go far if you need to include airfare.
    Anonymous

• I live in Northern Illinois. I'll drive up to 20 hours though.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• GULF SHORES ALABAMA ...THERE'S A WATER PARK -TODDLER FRIENDLY ,THE BEACH ,,AMUSEMENT PARKS ....WE STAYED AT THE SLEEP INN, IN ORANGE BEACH FOR 80 DOLLARS (A NIGHT) REALLY NICE 2 BEDS BALCONY SWIMMING POOL,FREE BREAKFAST ETC.....THERE'S ALL KINDS OF STUFF TO DO FOR REALLY CHEAP ....WAY UNDER 2000 AND YOU CAN PLAN SOMETHING NEW FOR EVERYDAY YOU STAY !!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I live within driving distance to Cedar Point with has Soak City. There is also a smaller water park called Monsoon Lagoon in Sandusky , OH along with the Great Wolf Lodge. There are many Sea Worlds in the USA. Mackinac is a nice Island to visit. I suggest you stay in St. Ignace tho' and just visit (too expensive to stay on the island) Also, in MI there is Mystery Spot, the Ste Marie Locks all within driving of St. Ignace. The Fitzgerald is there too. We went when I was a kid (a family of 6 and did the whole bit. There are putt putt courses around the area too.
    Also, if you want some fun near home, try geocaching. All you need is a GPS. It is a fun treasue seeking and hiding game online for the whole family (www.geocaching.com). It is world wide, so you could just set out to find some...In the area of which you live or get a hotel and search an area away form home. The kids love to seek and find them too... Hope this helps.
    lilangelwolf

Answer by lilangelwolf at 3:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Black Hills - Terry Peak in winter for skiing, not too far from many sites, better in summer if you're not skiiers (plus easier to get around in the Hills). You can rent fully-equipped cabins all over the Hills, tons of things to see & do that are great for all ages, I know we had a family reunion there (26 people, 2 cabins) for about $1500 and we brought all our own food since we could cook & everything there. Very worth the money and my kids aren't really old enough for a lot of the stuff there. Deadwood, Rapid City, agh, there's just tons of places and things to see & do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2010