I think my boyfriend cheated on me...

About a year ago my boyfriend took another girl to his friends house. To begin with the friend was there then he came across the street and told me something was going on but didn't tell me what. I went to go over there and by the time I got there they were walking out of the house. I've been told by a few people that things happened over there but my boyfriend keeps telling me otherwise. I don't know what to believe anymore and can't passed it. If hes still going to lie about something that happened a year ago, what else is he lying about? Because I can't get passed it I have trust issues with him, what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If you can't get passed it then you might as well ditch him now.
    It takes one time for that little seed of doubt to be planted in your head and then it's there forever. I thought I could get over my DH's little slip up(s) and I tried really hard but I just never knew if I could honestly trust him ever.
    Now we're getting a divorce.
    If there's no trust, there's no relationship. It might suck to break up now but better now than 4 years, two kids and a failed marriage later...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Then leave him.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• He's a single man. He can do what he wants. Obviously he chose to be with her that day no matter what it was they did, he wanted to spend time with her. Now he wants to spend time with you. That should be worth something.
    Anonymous

• If you do not trust him then leave!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• He probably is lying. If he hasn't come clean now, he probably never will. You have to either let that situation go, chalk it up to him having a fling - or let HIM GO....

It is SO NOT WORTH your time to continue to be with a man who isn't worth your trust or time. If you proceed - one day, you'll find yourself married to him, kicking yourself for marrying someone you KNEW you shouldn't trust. Or you will find yourself plagued with an STD or a pregant "other woman".......
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If you can't get past it maybe take a break from eachother and figure out what you want to do. It's hard to be in a good relationship when there is a sense of broken trust. If you think it may just be your own insecurities making a fuss...it may be something you have to work on for yourself. If you truly believe deep down that somethign did in fact happen that day and you just can't shake the feeling..move on.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• He's a single man. He can do what he wants.
    ---------------------

He's not single, he's dating someone and even if they're just dating, theres a level of respect that one must have for the other. Trust needs to be built up and if there is no trust there's not much of a relationship. Try to work things out and if you still cant trust him then you should move on otherwise you will be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life.
    Anonymous

• There was really no reason to be with another girl at someone's house. He was not single, you two were together then, maybe you have a child with him? I'm assuming since you're on CM. You feel he's lying and since you know him better than we do, you must have some reason. If others who have nothing to gain are teling you somethign happened it probably did. He on the other hand has everything to lose by telling the truth. You have to decide if you want to go the rest of your life with someone who values you so little.
    Anonymous

• Lying hurts...you can't trust a liar...I had an ex boyfriend who when we were together...I had a fight with...he went to stay at his brothers house for two nights and in that time he met a girl at a bar and had a one night stand...he came to me and told me first thing...he started crying, just bawling his eyes out, he felt awful about it and loved and respected me enough to tell me the truth...we were sort of 'technically' broke up...I was able to forgive him because of his honesty...if he had lied and I found out through a third party and he denied it...no way I would have been able to forgive him. There are plenty of fish in the sea darlin...don't settle for one that lies to you.
    Anonymous

• Your boyfriend disrespected you by cheating on you. Then he lies about it. It has been a year, and frankly by staying with him, you are disrespecting yourself and giving him permission to disrespect you. You need to leave him. And NOT take him back. When someone shows you who they really are, believe them. The first time.
    Anonymous