two drugs, bad combo?

My Mom is on two different drugs. One is a sleeping pills and the other is an antidepression medication. I am concerned of the combo of both. She has been on the sleeping pill for 2 years! And the new drug for a few months now. Both are from her doctor. I keep on telling her how dangerous they are but she will not listen to me. Plus she has heart issues on top of that. One is Serquol and the other is Ambien. Anyone have any info on these drugs? I am so worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• Why don't you call your local CVS (or other pharmacy) and ask the pharmacist about interactions between these two drugs.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Call a pharmacist; give him/her your mom's exact dosages

Answer by rkoloms at 1:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• yeah I'd call the pharmacy. If she is getting her meds filled at the same pharmacy their computer should come up showing a conflict but it never hurts to ask

Answer by admckenzie at 3:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2010