swing sleep

my dd will not sleep in her crib for more than 30 min during the day so i put her in the swing and she has been asleep for about an hour is this bad for her she really needs her sleep.she is 2 months old

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really don't think so. I really feel you need to do what is best for you and your family.
    Anonymous

• Not at all. To become a habit......maybe. But if she needs sleep and is not getting it, do what you have to. My daughter wouldnt sleep unless she was in the swing or I was holding her for almost the first month.
    Anonymous

• It may be bad if the swing is a seat rather than one that lays down. The baby's head can drop forward and cut off breathing. Spending too much time in a seated position in swings and other seats can change internal organ development and affect motor development. It's called container syndrome.

It would be better to hold your baby while she naps. I think there is nothing better than holing a sleeping baby or toddler. It gives you a chance to rest.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• the swing can switch positions to lie down
    sashasmom159

Answer by sashasmom159 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Do whatever it takes to keep baby happy!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would be careful about this becoming a habit - it can be a hard one to break!

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think sleep is great any way you all can get it. I preferred wearing mine in a sling, but if the swing works, use it!
    Anonymous

• I say there is no problem in letting baby sleep in a swing. I don't think it is possible for them to develop "bad habits". You do what you do to help them get a good sleep!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2010