Pagans, How do you incorporate your beliefs in your daily life?

Many religious people live their lives with actions rooted in their beliefs. How do you? What is a typical day like? How do your beliefs manifest themselves in your life beyond Sabbats & Esbats Celebrations??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I meditate and chant daily, whenever I take from nature, I give thanks. I live by the rule of 3, but mostly a big believer in Karma, though I try not to let it be my only reason for doing good. I smudge the house almost daily as well as burn incense. I listen to Pagan music and make hand made offerings to my Gods. My Gods do not require monetary offerings, but prefer nature made ones.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I think being Pagan anything you do each day to incorporate nature into your life is special. We do burn incense every day and smudge usually weekly. We arenot ritualistic though and our beliefs are about who we are and how we live our lives not so much specific daily rituals.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 3:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• In the food I eat and the clothes I wear, I try to incorporate the Elements and the Lady and Lord.
    Monday = Earth, Tuesday = Air, Wednesday = Fire, Thursday = Water, Friday = Spirit, Saturday = Lady, Sunday = Lord (I know, Monday, MOONday should be for the Lady as SUNday is for the Solar God...but that would push the rest of the week back a day...it makes sense to me.)

For instance, today is Wednesday, Wednesday is Fire, so we are wearing red and will be having Tex-Mex for supper tonight.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Also in the chores I do:
    Monday = Earth, sweep and mop the floors, water the plants
    Tuesday = Air, dust and vacuum
    Wednesday = Fire, clean the kitchen (kitchen being the modern day Hearth)
    Thursday = Water, scrub the bathroom
    Friday = Spirit, whatever didn't get done earlier in the week...
    Saturday = Lady, other projects
    Sunday = Lord, laundry
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I chant and pray every day. Morning and evening devotionals. Every day I spritz sage water all over the house and once a month I do a full smoking sage stick. I give back to nature and recycle and reuse.  I believe in Karma but I do not do kind acts out of fear of retribution of Karma.  I do kind deeds because of my love for my fellow Earth kind.   MamaK88 I like your chore list and I may incorporate them in our daily lives. Wonderful.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• pnwmom - Could you tell me about your devotionals? I want to start doing them, but I can't find any information on how to or what is normal...

MamaK88 - Thanks! That is awesome! I think I will be rearranging my cleaning from now on! LOVE IT!
    Anonymous

• Mostly I use the music found on my homepage and I meditate with Pagan Prayer beads. It all depends on what feels right for you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I am posting just so I can find this later...I like your take pnwmom!
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 4:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2010