I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my first child, is it okay for me to work standing all day?

mopnkis

Asked by mopnkis at 2:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I worked retail till I was 8 mos pregnant. you are fine as long as your dr says so
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I was a hotel maid when I was pregnant with my first & worked till I was nearly 9 mo. preg. He came out just fine.
    Anonymous

• If it's not something you just started since getting pregnant, and you are used to being on your feet, you will probably be ok. Make sure you take time to put your feet up and relax a bit when you get home, especially later on in the pregnancy. If you have a lot of welling, you might need to find ways to modify your work so you can sit more if possible.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• GREAT! Thanks Ladies! Yal are AWESOME!
    mopnkis

Answer by mopnkis at 2:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• ok, I meant swelling. oops :)
    raybird1031

• It is fine to stand all day. I would make sure you have comfortable shoes or at least insoles like Dr. Scholes (sp?) If you start to have swelling in your legs or hands talk to your doctor.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I worked as a CNA my whole pregnancy, so i was always on the go, on my feet. I honestly think it helped my labor go better lol.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i work at walmart standing alll freakin day long. i feel ya. by the end of the day my feet are soo swollen and my back hurts soo bad. we found out we were preggo right when i got preggnant. and this suuucks. im ready to stop working. but you shuld be fine unless dr says so other wise. GL>btw im 19 weeks, and congrads.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• They say that as long as you were doing it before you were pregnant, you shouldn't have any problems while pregnant (like exercising). With my first I worked until I got put on bedrest at 9 months (I had high blood pressure and was extremely swollen). With my second I worked until about a week before I had her. I was a server both times and worked over 8 hours a day. As long as you don't start bleeding or contracting, you should be fine. Just listen to your body. It'll tell ya all you need to know =)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 4:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• As long as you stay well hydrated and can manage to eat enough protein and good foods (not convenience foods which you'd be tempted to eat whilst so busy) to accomodate for your activity and stay healthy .. sure it is fine :)
    Anonymous