Question about at home dying. I am naturally blond, but I want to go even blonder, like ice blond, then dye the hair at the base of my neck red, my Q is...

will I fry my hair if I dye all over blond, then dye over the blond with the red?

Its not bright cherry red btw, its Auburn

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 2:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i bleach my hair at home, and i've dyed the bottom too. I've done it all, i've messed up alot, but now i know what to stick to. My hair is naturally blonde but it turned to a darker blonde so i started bleaching it. If youre going to dye the bottom half red, i wouldnt dye it blonde THEN dye it red, i would just do it red. then dye the part you want blonde..dye it blonde. Do know, that if you have used a color on your hair before and then use a another color like a box color, there could be complications with that. I dont use box colors because i've had bad experiences, i buy the color and developer so i know exactly what im getting and i can make out the right portion.

Anonymous

• I would pay to have someone do it.... why take the chance.
    Anonymous

• You doing it yourself...yes, you will most likely fry your hair unless you know of major hair recovery techniques and products. Honestly, a professional would be best to do what you want.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 2:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• you wont neccesarily fry your hair. you just need to be careful on how long you leave it on and follow a few days with a great conditioner. I know ladies that dye and bleach their hair, and it looks great. Some you would think it's their natural color it looks so good
    Anonymous

• For the red only use a 10 volume developer. You want to add not strip anymore!
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 4:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• If you are a natural blonde and have auburn color on it now - I advise to have a hairdresser do it. The number one correction we see in the salon is color correction. You really need to know what you are doing when you are messing with bleach on your hair.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 4:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• i would go have a pro do it!
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2010