Has anyone thought about working from home?

I thought it sounded like a good idea. We can be Moms and earn a paycheck. Kind of like having our cake and eating too. I love it!

familyvalues

Asked by familyvalues at 2:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do work from home. I watch a child at night 3x's a week. Soon it will be going to 4 to 5x's a week. When his mom gets a full time job.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I always think about it! It's a matter of finding something that works for you though. I've done babysitting, I read emails and get paid for those, and at the moment I am selling on etsy.com I've also been playing with the idea of selling something like pampered chef (basically at home work, lol). There are so many scams out there though, so be careful!
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 2:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I do work from home and I love it! I only work 15-20 hours a week. My husband works 2 doubles and 4 days off so I get my work in during that time.

I'm a Legal Transcriptionist.
    Anonymous

• I work from home, I'm an office manager for a small firm, most employees telecommute full time. I'm very grateful to have such incredible flexibility, I know I am very lucky, but it is not easy! If you think being a working mom is hard, or if you think being a SAHM is hard, try being both AT THE SAME TIME! lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I was also worried about scams, I didn't want to have to sell anything and I wanted to earn enough so we weren't living paycheck to paycheck. I did my research and I found a legit company that's been around forever. So far, I've earned an average of $60,000 a year for 8 yrs, working 15 to 20 hours a week. It's changed our life and it allows us to live our dreams.- Something I truly wish for everyone. I love it when Moms take charge!!!!
    familyvalues

Answer by familyvalues at 3:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Hi, i currently am working from home and absolutley love it! If you're interested in all natural products and want products that are safer for your home then maybe this is for you or maybe it isn't only you can decide! Some products that they have are Vitality For Life (Total Nutrition) Organic Snacks, Bath & Body, EcoSense ( Cleaning Products) Nicole Miller (Beauty) Pharmacy (tooth paste & acetaminophen) Children & Pets Products. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, just send me a message I will be happy to share more information with you!
    sschleif

Answer by sschleif at 3:54 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• I have been trying to find something for awhile. Everything I have looked into either A) has a high start up cost B) was a scam or C) you have to know people willing to buy a product ( like avon for example). I am very quiet and don't know a lot of people, the people I do know don't have money to be spending on these things. I do not have the time and energy to weed out the scams :). And of course I don't have money to lay out for a large start up cost only to find it is a scam lol.
    ryanmomof4

Answer by ryanmomof4 at 1:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I would be more than happy to chat with you over the phone. I've worked with a health and wellness company for 8 years and we've perfected the steps it takes to build a lucrative business.

We don't sell products, stock inventory or do home parties. We train you to post ads on line and in your local community so that you have people coming to you. We help you contact the individuals who've requested the info and get them all of the details about our wholesale membership (kind of like a healthy version of Costco or Sams Club) We set their wholesale accounts for individuals and we earn 7 to 20% of their orders every month that they remain a member.

We set our own hours and have complete flexibility so it's a great for Moms. It does take consistent effort and hard work, but if you have 5 to 25 hours a week, you can earn a paycheck that can significantly change your life. Cal me at 949-487-1445.
    familyvalues

Answer by familyvalues at 1:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010