Do you make your child go to day care, regardless if they're sick or not?

The reason I ask is because ever since my daughter started day care she has been coming down sick more than normal and I know it's because parents do not keep their kids home when they are sick. Therefore, they're getting MY kid sick. I just wanna know, are you one of those parents who makes your child go to school/day care sick? And if so do you ever think about how they're infecting others, making their peers sick?

Please keep your sick child home. That's all I'm saying.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sadly some can not take off work and therefore they make VERY poor choices.
    It isnt only bad for your child but for their own child.

Anonymous

• Last year was my dd's first year of preschool and she came home with EVERYTHING...sick all the time it seemed like.

This year has been sooo much better. Only one bout of tummy trouble.

It gets better, is what I am saying....its hard to always keep sick kids home, I have a hard time knowing if its something like Sinus issues or something catching.....

Also the younger the child, the worse it is...b/c they are putting things in and out of their mouths so often.

Just a part of daycare/school.
    Anonymous

• The reason why your child is getting sick is because she is in close quarters with more people. When she is catching these colds, etc. She is building her immune system. I know it is hard but it is a reality of daycare. People cannot keep their child home with every cold or they would get fired from their jobs. I don't like it, but that is the way the world is right now. I wish we parents would not be so hard on each other.
    Anonymous

• Depends. If it's a cold, YEP he's going. If it's a virus, fever, or vomiting.. then no he stays home.

LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• That's why daycare centers are a bad idea. Find a SAHM to take care of your child and there will be less risk.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• what anon :03 said.....
    Anonymous

• There is no way parents can stay home every single time their child has a cold. I keep my kids home when they have a fever, but a cough or stuffy nose, they go. Your child will build up an immunity and be better off for it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Ok I know no one here wants their child to be sick...I dont either. But its a part of life.

Daycare centers are a FABULOUS idea for those mother who need or want to work.

I find it funny that people think its risky...lol. I mean what do you do, just stay at home and never go or touch anything. You can catch H1N1 from the handle of the shopping cart at Walmart whats the difference.
    Anonymous

• I just can't afford a SAHM or a nanny which is why I'm going back to school. I mean, in a way it's good for her because she gets immuned to all that crap, but it's also getting very irritating.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Exactly Anon 3:08....
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010