Healthy Kids?

HONESTLY, what do your kids usually eat just on a regular day?? please give an example and ages :)

I think my kids eat "okay", they eat way better than i did at their age but i mean, i dont think they eat exactly "healthy" either..

Typical Day

breakfast:Waffle and Banana (or yogurt or grapes) -milk or apple juice to drink
goldfish or cheese snack
lunch-ham and cheese sandwhich on wheat w/ a little light mayo,pringles(only a few), banana or apple pieces,fruit bar or granola bar with grape juice or milk
goldfish or pudding snack
dinner- whatever we're having or chicken nuggets,cheese,goldfish and granola bar w/ milk (sometimes chocolate milk)

they drink water or apple juice during the day too whenever theyre thirsty.. They are 4 and 2

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Health

• breakfast: oatmeal, banana, OJ, or maybe biscut cheese stick, OJ

lunch: pb & J cucumber, rice krispies treat, chips

dinner: whatever we have, hamburger, chicken, veggies, etc.

I think my kids eat fairly well, especially my oldests who asks for raw veggies in his lunchbox ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• raw vegetables, how do you do that! haha, my boys will want a celery stick to chew like wonderpets..but then they just spit it out haha
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Not sure that I did anything Bran6903. He has just always liked them so I keep offering them. The other day I pulled out a chocolate pudding for his snack in his lunchbox...and he said he didnt want it...

I was like why? What do you want....he thought for a minute and said..." you got any lettuce?"

We snicker at him all the time...he sure didnt get it from me....my dd is like me....Bring me a little debbie cake! hahahahah!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Here are some of my thoughts:
    The waffles should be whole grain and without high fructose corn syrup; preferably homemade
    Goldfish should be replaced with a whole grain cracker (I have a great recipe for goldfish crackers, if you are interested)
    Ham is incredibly high in sodium and the nitrates are carcinogenic; hopefully, the wheat bread is whole wheat, not white.
    The granola bar should be made without high fructose corn syrup; preferably homemade, so you can control the sugar
    Pudding is so easy to make; I hope that you are making homemade

Where are the fruits and vegetables? You and your child should be having 6-7 servings a day, in at least three different colors

Send me a message offlist if you would like any of the recipes that I mentioned; I have a ton of recipes that are healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly, that I would be happy to share with you.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2010