It's so close, why doesn't Obama get it?

Obama interview from today - he says they need to hold off on touching the healthcare bill until after Brown is seated. OK, that's good. Then he goes on to list all the core things about the healthcare bill that do what everyone wants - no pre-existing, more insurance co regulation. But he still can't get it through his head that that is NOT what this bill is doing, or more to the point, that all the other crap in the bill negates those few things, and says the problem is "a lot of the fear mongering "

Jailtime for no insurance, increased cost of medical devices...these things are not "fear mongering." They've been written in the bill in black and white. Where is reality skipping over him - is it his handlers shielding him from public opinion or is he purposely refusing to see the truth?

Link to interview below

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Jail time for no insurance on your own health....sick idea.
    Anonymous

• He and his administration don't care about the concerns of the people.

They hear them, they understand them.

THEY DO NOT CARE.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• NP, can you please link the jail time reference from the bill? Thanks.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• NP I am really starting to wonder if this man who is supossidly so highly intelligent is just being used..I mean his charisma during the campaigns is imo what made him more popular..that rock star appeal..but listening to him like in this interveiw I am not seeing the high intellect...the moves he has made which have been of little to no help for the country..I am not seeing the high intellect...

Yes this HC bill is LOUSEY ..there may be a few positive things amoung the many negative...and I know for those who have insurance now if this thing passes your rates will rise its a no brainer...and yeah the whole thing imo is SO unconstitutional...fines and or jail time for not purchasing health insurance...it all makes me sick to my stomach..

Obama is either not really that damn smart and being used bigtime or he is just an idiot after his own agenda no matter the cost..like the Pelosi and Reid and crew...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• all of them soooo out of touch with we the people
    tnmomofive

• I do not understand it either. All the finger pointing and excuses they make, makes my head hurt. I heard a woman on the news (NPR) say that we do not really know why people in MA voted the way the did, there was no exit poll questions, so really we do not know why people voted the way they did. Why can't they just admit it, people are tired of things being forced down their throats!!!!
    I love to read the comments on the Huffington Post when issues like this happened, if you want to laugh, then go and read some of their excuses.

I don't know why that brick hit me in the head, the building is crumbling and the mortar is cracked and missing, but I don't know why that brick hit me in the head.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I would personally like to see way more effort put into a start at fixing the economy lud instead of cramming government controlled healthcare down our throats..which this bill has sooo many bad points alot of it is nothing more then special interest bs and control.

We can see thus far the big spending to help fix the economy has been a blunder..now we are in more debt then before WAY more..if wed of done what has been proven to work wed very likely be on a real road to real recovery now

meh with HC id like to see a FEW of the aspects that this bill has like not denying pre existing conditions is good..add in tort reform..and allowing insurance companies to sell policies across state lines...WITHOUT a government take over
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• ditch any funding for elective abortions...ditch the mandated purchasing of insurance altogether
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• http://democrats.senate.gov/reform/patient-protection-affordable-care-act.pdf
    page 139, line 19 In the senate amendment to the original house bill
    The amendments of the senate do not change that section of the original house bill as passed, and includes the provision making nonpayment the purview of the IRS.
    http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/text
    Section 207(c)(A)
    This refers to a tax code which specifies the jail time and fines for non-payment of taxes and penalties, because that provision, 207(c)(A) turned the penalty into a tax, and the tax code explaining the jail time/penalties is explained in this letter by Rangel's taxation committee:
    http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/UploadedFiles/JCTletter110509.pdf
    And thoroughly endorsed by Pelosi herself:
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/11/11/pelosi_on_jail_time_for_no_health_care_the_legislation_is_very_fair_in_this_respect.html
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2010