Should I try to get pregnant again so soon after a miscarriage?

My husband and i found out we were pregnant with our second child last September. 2 weeks later I had a miscarriage. I was obviously upset because we were planning that one and very excited about it. Now, I have lots of doctor bills from the "event" and it would be very tight if we had another child right now. While my mind tells me it's not logical to get pregnant right now, my heart longs for it and I'm anxious to try again. I'm torn.... Can anyone help?

hannahsmom7806

Asked by hannahsmom7806 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I lost 2, not through misscarriage but premie and still birth. I know how hard it can be when the drs tell you to wait. The easiest time to get pregnant is right after being pregnant. When I lost my son is '08 I got pregnant again and had my baby 8 days before the year anniversary of losing my other son. If you think you can handle it try. The bills can be paid in payment aarangments or spread out. If your heart is telling you to have another talk with your Dh and see what he has to say. GL with whatever you choose.
    Anonymous

• thanks so much! That's nice to hear from a fellow mom :)
    hannahsmom7806

Answer by hannahsmom7806 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• It's totally understandable that you want a baby. I think that you should do what you feel is best in your heart. If you and your husband have enough money to work on paying off the debt and provide for a baby, then I say go for it. It may be wise to wait until you have the debt at least mostly paid off though so that leaves more money for the baby as well. I'm sorry for your loss, and I wish you the best of luck with which road you take.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• im sorry for your loss. if it were me and i felt comfortable enouph and as soon as the drs told me it was ok. i would try. money will come.you can always find away if you really want to.
    GL
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2010