brown discharge?

im 36 weeks pregnant 1 cm dilated. im pretty sure i started loosing my plug a little over a week ago. because i had a glob the size of a penny of white kind of thick mucus looking stuff. ive had that a few times, and then little bits of it. but today when i got up and went to the bathroom there was brown discharge. is this a part of my plug? i got checked for the first time yesterday to see if i was dilated could it be from that? i didnt have any bleeding after the exam.

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Brown blood means it's old. Your fine as long as the blood isn't bright. It's probably from your exam yesterday. I always bled after my exams when I was that far along. And just an FYI, you can loose your mucus plug multiple times as it kind of 'grows' back. With my first it was very noticeable but with my second my dr told me I had lost it and I had no clue and she told me that it's because it can come in pieces.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 4:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/mucous-plug.aspx
    momma_2b_2010

Answer by momma_2b_2010 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2010