How did you come up with your child's name?

I was just wondering other ways moms came up with the names of their kids. My daughter's name is Sofia Yarmilla. My grandmother was named Yarmilla Sophie( pronounced Sophia. The Czeh pronounce ie as an a) I'm named Charlotte Yarmilla

Yarmilla

Asked by Yarmilla at 3:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My boys all have family names. They were named for people we wanted to honor because we love them and they are important to us. Our boys all have the same middle name as my husband.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My DH came up with our DD name and it fits her very well. Raelynn Rose
    Anonymous

• I google searched and I saw it. I knew it was the one!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 3:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My ex-husband actually came up with it and I liked it a lot. I picked the middle name though. I didn't name him after anyone, just found the name in a name book, read the meaning, and really liked it.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• I did not come up with them. They came with them. May I please add that if I gave birth, of which I cannot due to a hyst in my mid 20's, their names would have been:
    1.F-Lydianna Sharise (Lydia for short... Just like that name and the mid name is part of my first name)
    2. M-Thomas Jeffery (TJ for short... It is my X name inverted. In his family the first nam of the father becomes the mid name)
    3. F-Aidialora Sundara (Aidia for short... A friend of mine had her daughter named Aidia and another friend Alora. So I put them together. Then, Sundara means beautiful in Native American)
    The children (my sweet pea and dirtly little mosnster) ages 9 and 3, I help raise and they call me their second mom. They already have names form their bio mom. Grma has custody tho' and I help whenever I can.
    lilangelwolf

Answer by lilangelwolf at 3:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• My eldest's first name is my father's middle name and my ds's middle name is a form of my dh's grandfathers name. (Confused yet?lol) My baby's name started as a joke! His brother is Austin, and we were 29 when I had him. And all the time I was asked if I was having another! So I said I would name the baby Zachary so I could say I had it all from A to Z. Zach's middle name is my dh's first name. :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• Jenna was picked randomly by her father; honestly we had thought about it early in the pregnancy but changed it to Jocelyn and then about a month before she was born her father came in the house from doing yard work and said he'd prefer Jenna. I chose Lynn as a middle name because I thought it sounded nice with Jenna.

Brianna was chosen at the last second, once again it was a name that had come up earlier in the pregnancy but I was determined to use Jocelyn and then after she was born I was ambushed by my husband and my mom who kept insisting "she looks like a Brianna" so quite literally at the last minute her name was changed to Brianna and Marie was the first thing that came to mind for a middle name.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• He's named after his daddy & grandpa.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 3:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• The Bible. After the archangel Michael Anthony.
    Anonymous

• my mom took me out to eat for my birthday and we were discussing names, i told her i wanted to name him tristan, but she said she liked xander (named after he favorite person on buffy the vampire slayer, haha) well, later that night her heart failed, she was in a coma for a month, then died on mothers day. needless to say, i named him xander, for her.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2010